Fuse #8

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Finally. An Excuse To Link To The Colbert Report

When Mike Lupica came on The Colbert Report last Thursday I had just picked up his book Heat for a read. The interview was one of the better ones (here's Part One and Part Two ) with Lupica fully appreciating the Colbert persona. Which is to say, he was in on the joke. I liked what he had to say about the process of writing children's books as well. Then I finished the book and discovered, to my complete and utter surprise, that I really enjoyed it. Whodathunkit? Sports novels are not my bag, baby, but this one has some fine and fabulous qualities (to say nothing of the supremely spiffy cover).

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have to admit that I have a little thing for Mike Lupica. Don't ask me why. It comes from all those years of watching the Sports Reporters with my husband.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home