Fuse #8

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Holiday Zaniness

From Patrick McDonnell to Art Spiegelman, this article has graphic novel/kidlit authors offering their picks for the holiday shopping season. Spiegelman also happens to throw in a plug for Big Fat Little Lit.

Big A little a has alerted me to the appearance the of the latest PopMatters article, lovingly entitled "Won't Somebody Please Think of the Children?" It's a listing of good, bad, and ugly children's DVDs on the market today. You didn't know there was a 50th Birthday Deluxe Edition of How the Grinch Stole Christmas? Well you do now. Author Roger Holland also proves yet again that he is of my generation by bringing up the fact that you can now buy The Adventures of the Gummi Bears, Vol. 1 - Seasons 1-3, whose insidious theme song will undoubtedly be the last thing I hum before I die.

I'm going to wrap up with a link to The Sneeze, but I have to warn you about it first. If you choose to listen to the mp3 of O Holy Night found on this post, do NOT under any circumstances listen to it at work. It.... honestly it defies description. I was in tears listening to it last night. Tears of joy, people. If I could download it to my iPod I would (though I'd probably collapse in fits whenever it came on, thereby annoying fellow subway passengers). It has nothing to do with children's literature, but... you just have to hear it. As Steven says, "What I love about it is just when you think it couldn't possibly get any worse, it does. By a lot. And it does this more than once."

3 Comments:

At 9:18 AM , Blogger MotherReader said...

OMG, that song was soo awful and soo funny. I'm putting it on our Christmas CD this year.

 
At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Passed immediately along to my son's choir teacher. There is joy in this world.

 
At 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i soiled my pants laughing. omigod, thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home