Fuse #8

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Death of Ebooks? Long Live Vocal Talents, Then.

Good news! Galleycat informs us that the ebook is dying but the audiobook is going long and strong. Not their exact words, but that's what I'm gonna take away from the piece. I'll misread such articles as I CHOOSE to misread them. The article links to a nice NYTimes piece (1/4 by Andrew Adam Newman) entitled Catch the Next Chapter on Your iPod (It’s Even Cheaper) on how well audiobooks are doing. My husband subscribed to Audible.com for a while, and came away from it really admiring the good readers they had. A person who knows how to get the most out of a text is worth their weight in gold. I used to listen to kids books on my iPod, but that got to be a bit much. You try exercising to By the Great Horn Spoon and see how far it gets you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home