Fuse #8

Friday, February 02, 2007

"Bloggers Like Bird"

Once upon a time I was on the 2007 Newbery committee and it was a lovely time. But I was a blogger and I liked to write reviews of potential contenders so as to post them on my site. ALSC, as it turned out, had not had to contend with this issue before. So it is with great pleasure that I turn your attention to a recent School Library Journal article Should Members of Book Award Committees Be Allowed to Blog? All sorts of hotsy-totsy topics come up in it. Roger Sutton's threat to quit the Caldecott committee if he couldn't blog. What happened when someone thought that Nina Lindsay was on the 2007 and not the 2008 committee. The final decision . . .

Let us all exhale a sigh of relief then. As Mr. Sutton said, "calmer heads have prevailed."

Now to go repost all my review from 2006. Oog.

Thanks to Educating Alice for the link.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! It's fun to be able to link directly to your reviews, and not hunt them down on Amazon.

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good article. It makes you sound so. . . obliging.

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Hee hee. You sound surprised.

 
At 4:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay. So how's that going? Not to nag, but I keep checking back to see if one or two are up again yet, for selfish review-reading needs of my own, and I can't find them yet. I guess it takes time. Oh well. Thanks for writing them, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home