Fuse #8

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Life As We Knew It Author Interview

Last year when I read Susan Beth Pfeffer's drop dead amazing novel Life As We Knew It, the book had such a pull on the reader that often I'd find myself looking up from it in a kind of daze, convinced that I needed to find food, shelter, and extra clothing NOW! Those of you familiar with the book will recall that it's about a small family and how they deal with the horrendous natural consequences that come when a meteor hits the moon and brings it closer to earth.

For those of us living in New York City, there was little doubt in anyone's mind that if that whole Meteor/Moon theory plays out, we're going to be dead. So it was with great pleasure that I read in a SCI FI Wire article that not only is there a companion novel to Pfeffer's book in the works, it's set in NYC! Mind you, it's named The Dead and Gone, but we knew that already didn't we?

Thanks to Shaken and Stirred for the link.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:36 AM , Blogger Lisa Jenn said...

Oy. Life as We Knew It had more of an impact on me than any other book of 2006. All this winter in subzero temperatures, I kept thinking, "Well, at least the sun is shining! It has not been blocked out by volcanic ash! Huzzah!" I haven't started a stockpile of supplies yet, but whenever I threw away a holey sock, I thought, "But I might NEED that!" And when I opened a can of chicken for my dog, I thought, "Y'know, if the moon got knocked out of orbit, I'd be damned happy to be eating this crap!" Oy, I say again.

 
At 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celerysoda, I thought *I* was bad when I'd find myself in the soup aisle at the grocery store fighting an urge to buy the place out. Oy, indeed!

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Jackie Parker said...

I'm beyond excited about a companion story!

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

And shocker o' shockers, Ms. Pfeffer is going to be in my general vicinity this Saturday. If I can only lure her Central Children's room-wise...

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Meghan said...

I am so excited about this companion book. That story was amazing and I always wondered what was going on in NYC. I also hear she is working on a sequel so we can find out what happens to the family and what happens with the love story.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home