Fuse #8

Thursday, March 15, 2007

What the Best Dressed Celibate Is Wearing This Year

So, y'know, I finished the latest Percy Jackson novel the other day, and it was fine n' all. So then I see this tie-in tee on author Rick Riordan's site and I'm mightily amused.


It's not immediately apparent, but if you read The Titan's Curse then you know that the Hunters of Artemis eschew the company of men. The fact that this will be worn by countless eight-year-old boys is especially interesting to me.

Riordan's tour dates will be posted soon but aren't up yet. And check out the Camp Half-Blood in Austin that's going on. You still have a chance to lob your tykes Texas-ward if you want. Sessions One and Two are closed, but Three still has some space. Why has no one ever done this with Harry Potter? Talk about living the dream.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:40 AM , Blogger The Buried Editor said...

And Camp Half-blood's in it's second year. Who'd of thunk?

They even did a Spiderwick one last weekend. We're crazy folks down here.

 
At 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

His tour dates are on this calendar at his website.

 
At 12:16 AM , Blogger Bri Meets Books said...

I'm reading Titan's Curse now. Rick gave me a terrific interview for a presentation I'm doing at UGA on the hero's journey.

I love those shirts!

I can't read your review until I finish the book!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home