Fuse #8

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hot NPR Action

Skimming the blogs. Minding my own business. Then, suddenly, I stumble on ShelfTalker and see that she has written the following:

Mark Peter Hughes shared some uber-cool news with the Association of Booksellers for Children's list-serv today, and I am thrilled to be passing that news along!

First let me say that Mark has (as of March 30th) quit his job to write full time. As if that wasn't brave enough, he is currently planning a seven-week road trip with this family to travel across the country visiting bookstores (mostly independents) and promote his most recent novel, Lemonade Mouth, which I've mentioned previously. Here is where we come to the biggest piece of news: National Public Radio has asked Mark to record "audio postcards" during his road trip -- "audio postcards" that will be broadcast to the 12 million regular listeners of All Things Considered!! Wow, wow, wow! How fantastic is that?!

She goes on to explain how one goes about proposing this kind of thing. It's ironic that I heard about this today since I had just learned too about Jon Scieszka's recent obit for the great Lloyd. Alexander. Apparently noses come into the conversation.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM , Blogger Sarah Stevenson said...

Funny you should mention this (and that I'm just now reading it, several days late) but I just heard his first audio "postcard" the other day and made a note to blog about it. He talked about quitting his day job to pursue his dream. I didn't know there were going to be more...I'll have to keep an ear peeled.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home