Fuse #8

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

HWOCL #2

Rather than post my own HMOCL this week, I turn to our feminine correspondent in the field. As you can see, Kirby Larson's at it again with her second official Hot Woman of Children's Literature announcement. There's some hot Newbery honoree praising fellow honoree action going on here. Today's lady: Jennifer Holm.

What I Learned:
"The hottest thing of all about Jennifer Holm is that she is planning to attend the ALA Newbery Awards banquet less than two weeks after delivering a child!"
Woah. Really? Jenni, honey, don't kill yourself. I mean, you're awesome for wanting to do that plan, but if you don't feel up to it, don't sweat it. We'll understand. Matt, did you know about this?

Jennifer Holm: Superwoman

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:30 AM , Blogger Monica Edinger said...

That hot lady is fiercely determined. Said she'd be there in a wheel chair if necessary. Doesn't want to miss it for anything!

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Matt Holm said...

Do you mean, did I know that she was having a child or did I know that she was planning to attend the Newbery banquet anyway (damn the torpedoes!).

Yes on both counts. She's a plucky girl. (I assume you're familiar with her body of work?) She is also as stubborn as they come.

Hey--ALA is just down the road (an hour or so) from her house. If she's on bed rest or anything, I think you all should just stop by the house, instead, to present the awards!

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Excellent idea! Okay everyone! Party at Jenni's!

The baby won't mind, right?

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger mbpbooks said...

The good news is that youth and physical vigor aren't pre-requisites for Kirby's HWOCL list. I'm far from pregnant and seriously considering bed rest. If you need a crowd to clap like mad, though, I'll show up at the Holms' home with the rest of the homies.

 
At 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot? Poor Kirby must be blind. I look like I swallowed a basketball and can't even see my own feet.

Party at my place sounds good. Hmmm...now I just have to get my husband to clean the joint up. Unless, of course, you guys don't mind big old dust bunnies?

Jenni

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I've just done battle with a monstrous dust hare the approximate size and weight of a gorilla. In a word: no. Don't mind a jot.

And the idea that you aren't hot, even pregnant, is laughable to the point of ludiciousness. Jenni, hon, you wipe the floor with us all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home