Fuse #8

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Just Another Kidlit Attraction

Speaking of Monica, not long ago we were discussing the cult authors you read voraciously as a teen. Douglas Adams, Piers Anthony, Orson Scott Card, Douglas Copeland, etc. Tom Robbins was one of my favorites back in the day. So naturally when I heard that he was proposing writing a book for children about beer, I was . . . . would it be appropriate to say "elated"? Probably not.

Well, it's not true. Just a joke, it seems. A good one though. He had me going until I started reading his written sections. Just smack me upside the head with the term Gullible McGee.

Thanks to Bonny Becker for the link and for saying that she's relieved that he isn't actually writing for kids (less competition that way).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:12 AM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

This CBTNW would be right up my alley, except that I'm already smitten with Baby Mix Me a Drink.

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger Dale said...

How can you tell the Robbins' children's book is a joke? Just curious. He seemed serious. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home