Fuse #8

Monday, May 21, 2007

Spring is Sprung

Here's my five year plan:
  1. Become rich via librarianship (we're still working out the kinks on this one).
  2. Visit every cool party involving children's literature around the country/world (depending on the level of "rich" we've achieved). This includes, but is not limited too, the TLA Conferences, the IRA Conference, and anything that occurs on the Pacific Northwest.
Why the Pacific Northwest in particular? Because they put on one heckuva show. Just recently the Western Washington chapter of SCBWI had a big author-laden shindig under the moniker Spring Inside Story. And because I have not yet completed Step One of my five-year plan I could not go. I mean just look at that line-up. I already know how much I loved Reality Leak, Violet Bing and the Grand House, The Snow Baby, and the darling Faeries of Dreamdark. Imagine how much I might have also loved the other books/authors who were present. Well played, Seattle. Well played indeed.

You can find further info at Brimstone Soup.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM , Blogger Laurel said...

I have the same plan, but I plan to get rich being a mother of two... I'll join you at the parties (escaping my life as a mother of two).

Ha!

xoLaurel Snyder
http://kidliterary.blogspot.com/

 
At 1:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, the women running our Western Washington chapter, including Inside Story Queen Jaime Temairik, are pretty awesome.

You're always welcome to move here with us (or at least come visit!) and bask in their wonderfulness! Will let you know if we come up with any de-kinkers.

- Joni S.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home