Fuse #8

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Video Sunday: The In-Laws Are In Town Edition

Which is to say that I didn't have much time to rustle up anything. Still, enough cool items popped up this week to make up for the loss. The best known of these is the first. By now I'm sure that many, perhaps most of you have already seen copyright law described with the sole use of Disney clips. Well, if not, here it is. Some people say it makes their teeth hurt to watch, but you can't deny that it's skillfully done.



You know I'd sooner die than link to an ad. Then I saw this. I didn't know it was an ad until I hit the end. I think that shadow plays have enough kid cache (though, to the best of my knowledge, no picture book has ever taken advantage of them) to include them here. Thanks to Megan for the link.

For the aspiring authors amongst us, the Great American Children's Novel is Holes. Nuff said. You may not agree with this assessment, however. If that is the case then consider writing one of your own. This video shows you how.



And finally, last week I linked to Spiderman in Japan. This week it's Bollywood and Spiderman's been... uh... chickified. I could only really watch about a minute of this, but it was a good (if painful) minute. Voila.



Via BoingBoing.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:02 AM , Blogger david elzey said...

My life will have its witnesses! And Superman will be transparent and have sweaty armpits!

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Sarah Miller said...

Love-love-love the Disney video!

I used to work at WDW. My Mouseketeer pals will get one big kick out of this.

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger raspberry beret said...

the disney copyright video is a clever piece of editing...and i don't really know what to say about bollywood superman....

 
At 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are completely right about Holes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home