Fuse #8

Friday, December 15, 2006

Animals That Should Have Their Own Picture Books and Characters That Shouldn't

Contest it?
I think you won't.

Yeah, it's a slow kids lit news day. So sue. I just happen to find one of the rarest mammals on earth, the pangolin, cute. Lonely (only three in captivity and this guy's on his own in L.A.), but cute.

A big thank you to good old BB-Blog who also gave me access to this.


From Tom's Shed at Cabanon Press. What? No goons?

Thanks again you wonderful BB-Blog, you.

8 Comments:

At 12:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa...I knew what a pangolin was, but I had no idea they were so...so...little! I was picturing something more aardvark/anteater sized. They sure are cute, though!

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger RM1(SS) (ret) said...

You make it sound like they're almost extinct! There are still plenty in the wild, I believe; the "only three" refers to pangolins in captivity.

They are cute little buggers, though.

 
At 9:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. Thank YOU, favoritest children's librarian who I feel like I know from her blog. :)

 
At 11:48 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Good call. I've changed "world" to "captivity". Thanks for the catch.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Jennifer Schultz said...

Take that, Cute Overload!

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Actually, I think BB-Blog got it FROM Cute Overload. Nothing gets by the cutesters.

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

I LOVE the epic tale characters. Why, oh why, oh WHY don't they sell it as a poster or T-shirt? My presents-for-geeks shopping woes would be over!

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Wow. I thought for years that eyelash mites were more... y'know... mitey. Less sluggy. I always found them rather comforting (i.e. my eyelash mite comes with me wherever I go). Now that I know they bear more similarities to leeches, I'm less inclined to love them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home