Fuse #8

Friday, April 27, 2007

Me and My March Hare Turned Doormouse

With me you get your news approximately 24-hours behind schedule. That's the fast-paced hard-hitting stride we strive for here at Fuse #8. So I'm sure you all found your daemons yesterday on the His Dark Materials site, but how many of you ended up as bunnies? I did. His name was Thalius and I was going to have this whole thing about how I'd have to fight my instinct to eat him. I was even going to work in a comment about Lee Scoresby. But unfortunately the link disappeared.



Not a problem, right? I'd just retake the test. Thing is, when I did, I got this:




The child_lit listserv yesterday speculated that if you got your animal at a certain time of day you and your friends would all end up the same critter. I think it's true. I retook the test a little differently and got a mousey twice in a row.

Ah well. Mice are cute too.

Thanks to Read Roger for the link.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 6:45 AM , Blogger Kathryne B Alfred said...

I was a mouse, too! Mine was named Erasmus, which I thought was pretty perfect.

 
At 7:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, mine is a gibbon named Tarquin. Yeah, a GOLDEN MONKEY!!! I just don't know what to make of that...

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger lifelongreader said...

I turned out to be a hare called Ethalius - I think that is the one you had first.

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Wait a minute.... now he's switched back.. What the.... ?

 
At 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A colleague and I took the test at the same time yesterday afternoon. I got a wildcat (named Tamarak) and she got a spider. Given that I secretly think of her as my nemesis, I was rather pleased. (And my mother and my fiance took the test at the same time, too, and got a tiger and a jackal).

 
At 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, didn't mean to be anonymous.
Wildcat Tamarak=Sarah

--Sarah

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Okay. Now it's a dog. I'm so confused.

 
At 9:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not sure what it is now. Is that a fox?

 
At 12:13 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

A fox! I'm a fox! I've always wanted a fox! Oh this is fantastic!!!! Best. Daemon. EVER!

Now to get over the fact that his name is half a bagel away from "Pollonius".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home