Fuse #8

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Me Want

Saturdays are always slow news days in the world of kiddie lit. Many of the bloggers I turn to for information tend to take the week-ends off. So for fun I decided to check out the Cooperative Children's Book Center School of Education website. And, oh boy it's fun. Right from the first page you can click on whether or not you are a K-12 Teacher, Librarian, Early Childhood Care Provider, or University of Wisconsin Student/Faculty Member and get a whole host of information catered specifically to you. For example, I clicked on Librarian and found a portion on how librarians can look at the CBC's collection of new books so as to determine what to purchase. Or do you need help with a book challenge? They've info galore on the subject. Or how about a peek at the original Westing Game manuscript? This is just a drop in the ocean of what they have available for schlubbs like us.

Now undoubtedly there are many of you out there who are more than aware of how cool the CBC website is. Perhaps you've known for years and years and are chuckling beneficently at my newfound awe. That's okay. I'm still relatively new to this game. I just wish I lived a little closer to Wisconsin, is all.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM , Blogger Tasha said...

You are always welcome to come and visit! The CCBC is a totally cool place to see just filled with shiny new books that you are welcome to page through. Sigh. I wish I could get there more often than I do...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home