Fuse #8

Friday, October 27, 2006

Bad News. Really Really Bad News.

My husband warned me last night that if I didn't post about this ASAP, someone would beat me to it. That someone was Oz and Ends (of course) but I'll put in my two-cents as well.

Remember that whole Path to 9/11 brouhaha involving a film that was, to put it lightly, less than entirely accurate?

Remember director David Cunningham?

Guess what's he's working on now?

Director David Cunningham ("The Path to 9/11") will helm fantasy epic "The Dark Is Rising" for Walden Media and 20th Century Fox reports Variety.Part of a five-book series by Susan Cooper, "The Dark Is Rising" focuses on a youth who discovers at age 11 that he's a Sign Seeker, last of a group of immortals dedicated to fighting a growing presence of dark forces. He comes to the realization that he's charged with saving the world.Cunningham has already headed to Romania, where he'll prep the film for an early 2007 start and a September 28th release. The studios hope to launch a major kiddie fantasy franchise along "Narnia" lines

I knew that Walden Media was owned by a right-winger, but I never dreamed they'd get their hands on Cooper's masterpiece. Guess that scene in The Dark Is Rising where Merriman says the battle in the church is not one for the rector to fight (page 143, in case you're curious) won't make the director's cut.

For more info, definitely check out the take at Oz and Ends.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM , Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

That is bad...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home