Fuse #8

Saturday, December 09, 2006

100 Books For Reeling and Swearing - New Entries

There's been a recent trend in picture books over the last few years involving the untimely demise and devouring of the titular character. Ugly Fish, Tadpole's Promise, and Wolves all follow this trend to a tee. As a result, I've been tempted to start an alternate list to the New York Public Library's 100 Books For Reading and Sharing entitled 100 Books For Reeling and Swearing.

When my boss recently sent me this link he did so with the following statement: "Here's another entry for our 'sudden mishaps in otherwise innocuous picture books' list." I agree. Thought, admittedly, I would rather like to see them in a physical format that a person could flip through. The illustrations are truly lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home