Fuse #8

Friday, December 08, 2006

An Abuse of Power or Name This Book

If you're children's librarian and you have a blog of your very own then why not abuse your power once in a while?

IT'S STUMPER TIME!!!
My everlasting love goes to whoever it is that can come up with the answer to this patron's stumper.
I'm looking for a children's book that I remember reading in the late 70's/early 80's; it is about a girl and a boy; they live in a totalitarian society; the story is set in the future; the boy's name was Rabbit; both the girl and the boy have extrasensory perception; they're chased by the leader of the community; they're rescued by adults that have the same powers.
I've done my usual searches (heck, I even have a list on my ancient decaying laptop of complete futuristic children's books) and nothing is coming to mind. Any ideas?

7 Comments:

At 4:55 AM , Blogger eric l houck jr said...

there was a sci-fi movie from 1986 with a character named Rabbit but I don't remember if it involved ESP . . . Solarbabies.

 
At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds a bit like The Chrysalids, except for the part about the boy named Rabbit.

 
At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try entering it at: http://community.livejournal.com/whatwasthatbook/

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Lisa Jenn said...

Sounds like good ole H.M. Hoover to me...

http://www.amazon.com/Children-Morrow-H-M-Hoover/dp/059017293X

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Lisa Jenn said...

P.S. Bring on the everlasting love!

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Everlasting love is yours, my friend!!! Well done! Well done, indeed! I should keep a scoreboard on the side of my blog for this kind of thing. Wow. Thanks to everyone who played, but "Children of Morrow" by H.M. Hoover is indeed the answer.

Celery Soda: 1

 
At 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew this one, too, actually. But Celery Soda beat me to it. I loved those books! (There's a sequel). I haven't had the nerve to re-read them yet as an adult, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home