Fuse #8

Friday, December 08, 2006

"Not I", Said the Slut, That Happened To Be Looking In the Window

Few children's performers take the time to notice that the word "slut" and the word "nut" rhyme. Ed Brown is one of the few. When I was told by a helpful reader about the wild and wacky world of Jim Copp and Ed Brown, I had to plead ignorance. My knowledge of children's performers pretty much begins and ends with Bob from Sesame Street.

Here, I place before you, instructions for informing yourself.

Step One: Go to this website.
Step Two: From the sidebar, scroll down until you are able to select the option that reads, Jim Copp performs "Agnes Mouthwash!". Or you could just click it here, I guess.
Step Three: Watch "Agnes Mouthwash!". Repeatedly.
Step Four: Learn "Agnes Mouthwash!".
Step Five: Perform it at parties.

It's like Tom Lehrer times two.

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM , Blogger Warren Truitt said...

GEEEEEEEEENIUS!!!!!! The live clip of "Agnes Mouthwash" is beyond brilliant, plus an essay by Henry Kaiser...wow. Buy loads of this stuff for all the kids in all y'all's families this holiday season!

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh, I should have told you about this, shouldn't I, Warren? Sorry 'bout that. But I only discovered it recently. Glad you liked it. You'll have to tell me more about the two when I see you next. I want more info.

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Wow. This video changed my life. I soooo want one of those little foot-pump organs now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home