Fuse #8

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Merritt and Snicket on All Things Considered

Recently I've taken to listening to The Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs album on my shiny white iPod. How foolish of me not to know that our own Daniel Handler, he of the Snicketed Lemony fame, did the accordian on those albums. I learned such info when NPR interviewed both Handler and Stephin Merritt. If you have still not heard Handler perform Scream and Run Away or Merritt Shipwrecked, the abridged versions they play on air are worth your consideration.

An author I met once described appearing at bookstores after that store had hosted the Handler/Gothic Archies show as akin to trailing a wide swath of destruction. And I'm sure the duo would be very pleased to hear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home