Fuse #8

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Book Video

When I was a dinky college Freshman I came to know my future husband (big man Senior on campus) through a film he made about a filmmaker who falls in love with a librarian. Coincidence? The movie was great. Library chase sequences and hands bursting from within the shelves. Someone getting trapped in the movable stacks. It had it all. I was reminded of it recently when I watched this low-budget but amusing college horror flick. The dangers of reshelving items in a library has never hit so close to home. If you have four minutes to spare, give it a gander.

Thanks to the School Library Journal blog for the link.

5 Comments:

At 9:26 AM , Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

That was GREAT! I may never reshelve a book incorrectly again...

So what are the chances of seeing your hubbie's horror flick - sounds equally brilliant?

alan

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh, his wasn't horror. It was noir. Library noir. I'd like to post it, but we only have it on VHS at this point. More's the pity. It was a full-length feature, anyway. Too long for YouTube.

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Have you seen "Librarian: Quest for the Spear?" We just watched it the other night on DVD. The sequel just came out, but I'll have to wait for that one. I liked the subtle librarian jokes.

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

You know I love your husband, but great?

Now that cop...

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

More than great, my friend.
The cop wasn't too bad either (oh only other person who has ever seen/been in this film that reads my blog). I quoted the line, "Damn!" for years on end.

Are you and your wife coming over on Friday for dinner?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home