Fuse #8

Monday, January 29, 2007

The Greatest Book Trailers I've Ever Seen In My Life

You may be a person who still views book trailers as nice but inconsequential. The ones you've seen have been pleasant to the eye, but in the end they look more like some graduate student's final thesis than an actual honest-to-goodness movie trailer. When will previews for books ever become as cool to look at as those that play in a theater?

Well, sir. I've seen the future and it is located at the First Second Trailers website. I have read neither of the books presented there (which is a shame since Lost Colony came out last year, if I'm not mistaken). Nevertheless, if you have EVER doubted the legitimacy of a trailer for books, this is bound to change your mind.

Wow. Just... wow.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Blogger L. Diane Wolfe said...

Those are pretty amazing! I guess trailers will only work for picture books and graphic novels though, huh?

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Okay, that was awesome! Not particularly my kind of book, but what a trailer.

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I have wondered about how better suited graphic novels are to the format. Still, good things have been done with live action actors for books like "The Book Thief" and "The Tale of Tom Trueheart". We'll see how production values go over the next few years, I guess.

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Hmm. I noticed that the trailer for "The Lost Colony" was produced by Mark Siegel. Is this the same Mark of "To Dance" and "Seadogs" fame that we all know and love?

It'd make sense, y'know.

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

As I understand it, Mr. Siegel is actually a very high higher-up in First Second. He personally hand-pitched me their books at the ALA Convention in New Orleans. I didn't know he had a hand in the trailers, though. As you say, it makes sense.

 
At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and this from a PW interview in February of last year. "I have several other projects of my own in the works, another picture book for Richard Jackson."

The man is incredibly prolific.

Katherine

 
At 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Book videos have been around a long time. You can see some different kinds at http://www.readersentertainment.tv/trailers.htm

Some are older and not as high quality, but some are incredible and have gained media attention, showing on TV and in Movie Theaters.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home