Fuse #8

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Rumors of Mating Are Highly Exaggerated

Thank God for YouTube. People think I spend a lot of time on this blog, but usually I fool them by merely linking one YouTube video to another. Presenting other people's hard work makes it look, by extension, as if I work hard. And we know that this is not the case.

Now half the charm of this first piece lies in attempting to spot someone you know. Five points to anyone that locates a familiar face. The music gives this just the right tone too.


A double thanks goes out to Molly O'Neill and WATAT for the link.

In a related piece is this fabulous reminder of why I'm glad that I'm a Children's and not a Reference Librarian.


A big thank you to Bookmoot for THIS link.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 3:53 AM , Blogger Saipan Writer said...

We would benefit with some affirmative action in library science. I'm so disappointed to see that the ALA conference is a sea of white faces, when America is so multi-cultural.

The second video deserves a humor award. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your title made that first video very funny all the way through. And the second is classic.

 
At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, here's my guess: is that Betsy B. filmed walking away during the "hipster librarians" segment, at minute 1:30, wearing colorful wellies and carrying a large pink bag over her shoulder?

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

March of the Librarians is priceless.

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I remember taking library science classes in Minnesota, where the topic of luring more people of different backgrounds to the field came up regularly. Copious grants were offered at the time to potential students. I don't know if MLIS programs elsewhere around the country do anything similar.

And sadly I've ne'er owned a pair of wellies a day in my life. Sensible librarian shoes, that's the life for me! I do not know anyone in the video, myself, though for half-a-second I thought I could see my boss of all bosses.

 
At 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone looked familiar in this video, but I saw only one person that I recognized for sure.

Hilarious! Thanks for linking to it.

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Then you win! Then again, you are KT Horning. You would win no matter what. Being, y'know, in charge and all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home