Fuse #8

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bar 9 Summation

I wondered why my stats rose incrementally yesterday.

One Mr. Ron Hogan of Galleycat was nice enough to attend last Friday's Kidlit Drink Night. His was undoubtedly the highest profile blog there so it was nice to see he took the time. His piece wraps up the evening nicely too, though I was amused to see that the title made it seem like it was SCBWI's party.

No photos of me from Mr. Hogan were forthcoming (not a bad thing) so Alvina Ling's picture of me on her Blue Rose Girls post more than made up for the lack. Look how pointy my chin is! I could have a chin-off* with Reese Witherspoon at this rate.

Barbara Johansen's Cats and Jammers ALSO had a lovely photo-laden posting. Lovely pics and a good shot of the outside of the bar (something I never thought to get). Thanks to everyone who took some pics.

*Chin-off: Wherein two contestants sharpen their chins so as to partake in scads of balloon popping.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuse, Carrie Jones posted a truly lovely picture of you on the 2k7 blog.
Also some other people.

http://community.livejournal.com/classof2k7/

(funny line break alert -- when I was a copyeditor we tried to sneak these in sometimes)

Rebecca

 
At 7:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh never mind -- in my pop-up window, there was a break after the "cl" in the "classof2k7".

Somehow it doesn't seem worth explaining anymore.

R.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh, how lovely. Thanks for the heads up. What great pics. Black and white surely is the way to go. Such class. Such refinement.

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Ron Hogan said...

But I made it clear in the item that it was your party, honest!

Also, you're holding out on a perfectly good picture of the two of us together that I emailed you. *grin*

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks for organizing such a great event, Betsy! I had a fabulous time.

If you're interested, here's a link to my trip report:

http://sarahbethdurst.blogspot.com/2007/02/scbwi-winter-conference-trip-report.html

It's, um, a little long. I kind of babbled a bit. :)

- Sarah

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Yeah, I know Ron. The whole downloading-files-from-my-camera thing is being particularly persnickety. It will happen! And you totally made it clear in the article. I was just joshing you on the title.

Sarah, nicely summed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home