Fuse #8

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Newbie in the Field

Sheesh. I spy on a SCBWI discussion list one day and think I get a scoop. A new cool children's editorial blog? I'm in! Then the next thing you know everyone and their brother already knows about it. *sigh*

Why promote Editorial Anonymous? Because whoever this person is (I will find you!) they update regularly. Really regularly. I'm a sucker for a good regular writer too. The posts are top notch and in one of them the editor laments the same old, same old. Trends that we've seen over and over in fantasy kidlit. Silly me, I was unaware that sinister YA fairies were a trend. Though now that I think about it . . .

Coincidentally enough, there was a Guardian article (found via Bookninja) that laments the same thing (sans fairies). Two great tastes, and so on, and such.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:44 AM , Blogger Editorial Anonymous said...

No you won't.

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Clue #1: You read my blog.

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Editorial Anonymous said...

That narrows it down to someone in the industry.

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger T.S. said...

Yes, I am shamed by editorial anonymous (who I am now going to have to start reading) because I have not been posting regularly. I will, though...I vow it. Hold me to it, Fuse. Mock me, slander me, harm me if I don't. I must not fall out of my blog-habit just because of this change in venue. I must do the kidlit blogosphere proud with my postings...or at least post SOMETHING. HAHA!

 
At 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't threaten to out EA! People need info like that - think of the slush piles, the squirrels...

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I would never "out" EA. No fears there. I don't maliciously reveal the names of those who prefer anonymity. For my own personal uses however . . . .

I still love you T.S. Don't worry.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home