Fuse #8

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Obituary: Lloyd Alexander

From the child_lit listserv:
Dear Community,

There is sad news. Lloyd Alexander died this morning. He was under Hospice care and was at home in his own bed where he wanted to be.

His wife, Janine, to whom he was married for sixty-two years, died two weeks ago - also at home. (He met and married the French Janine in Paris at the end of WWII.)

His last book, THE GOLDEN DREAM OF CARLO CHUCHIO is out in galley form. Holt publication date is August. It is vintage Alexander.

Lloyd said about CARLO, "I have finished my life work."
For more information check out SFScope. Also, Roger Sutton has linked to a rather charming letter from the Horn Book vaults here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:58 PM , Blogger Kathryne B Alfred said...

Lloyd said about CARLO, "I have finished my life work."

What a way to go.

 
At 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good death but, eh, sad even so.

 
At 10:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link to the Horn Book letter, and for the info from child_lit. I read his obituary in the paper this morning and was sad, but I'm glad to see from this that he was at home.

After I read the obituary, I put "Time Cat" and "The Marvelous Adventures of Sebastian" on my son's library list. I think he's a little young yet for the Prydain books, but maybe the first ones would be fine (Taran Wanderer and The High King are a little heavy for a 7-year-old).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home