Fuse #8

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Never Judge A Book By This? HA! Just Watch Me.

Just the other day someone was asking me whether or not I knew of any children's book cover contests. Off the top of my head, I couldn't. Then I heard about the American Institute of Graphic Arts' AIGA 50 books/50 covers. These books are considered examples of "outstanding book design", and the public exhibition is scheduled to open at the AIGA National Design Center in NYC on September 20. Why should you care? Because Mocking Birdies by Annette Simon and When You Were Small by Sara O'Leary apparently both made the list this year. Both are from that small but incredibly detail-oriented press Simply Read Books. Look at the books and I'm certain you'd agree. They deserve the attention and so much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home