Fuse #8

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Early Reader List

The other day Kelly at Big A little a put out a call for great early reader suggestions. Suggestions done flew in. All is well. Kelly then posts her collected list online in a handy dandy PDF file. All continues to be well. I make a passing note of it, but otherwise don't think too much on the subject. Then, not five minutes after I've seen this list, a woman walks up to me.

Woman: I want a recommended list of early readers.

Me: . . . . . .

Woman: One that you could print out and give to me.

Me: . . . . . .

I immediately print out Kelly's list right-quick (we seem to have almost everything on it, thank goodness) and patron woman is incredibly happy. So thank you, Kelly. And for those of you out there in need of this list get it now. It's a bit of a time saver.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 12:19 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

I'm telling you, Fuse, when you need Early Readers, you need them NOW! That's why this list was so important to me. I'll be updating it with a few more titles in a couple of days.

Thanks for the mention :) And get that Frances Hardinge title here ASAP. If anyone can do it, you can. If that fails, I'll bring you one back from the U.K. in July. (Maybe my used copy, but that's better than nothing, right?)

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Well I'm poking as hard as I can. Youse peoples at Harper Collins should LISTEN UP!

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

P.S. Even though I compiled the list, it really is the work of the beautiful kidlitosphere (including you, of course)! I needed the list, asked for the list, and the list was delivered.

 
At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just printed the list out for my files (thank you!) and I wondered what you thought, Betsy and Kelly, about some of Roald Dahl's slimmer books for the category of "On the Way to Bigger and Better Things." I'm thinking of, for example, Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Magic Finger, and Esio Trot, which were all favorites when my kids began to graduate from early readers.

 
At 12:18 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

We put those books in our Young Reader section. Young Readers tend to be early chapter books (entirely different from Early Readers which are just for kids who are beginning to learn to read on their own).

 
At 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But wouldn't Young Readers be where Captain Underpants would fit, too? (The last section of Kelly's list seemed to be "transition books," and included things that looked like Young Readers to me.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home