Fuse #8

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I Guess Technically the Kid in The Shining Got To Live

Of course she never came by (there was a part of my that half-thought she might), but that's okay. J.K. Rowling was a big ole hit down at Radio City Music Hall last night. I'm hoping that at some point Cheryl Klein will report on the event. You know. Being the American editor of the books and all. There was a fun Yahoo News article this morning about the show that contained the following statement: "Two of America's top authors, John Irving and Stephen King, made a plea to J.K. Rowling on Tuesday not to kill the fictional boy wizard Harry Potter in the final book of the series, but Rowling made no promises". Her rebuttal? "When fans accuse me of sadism, which doesn't happen that often, I feel I'm toughening them up to go on and read John and Stephen's books," .... "I think they've got to be toughened up somehow. It's a cruel literary world out there." Yup.

Many thanks to Big A little a for the link.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM , Blogger Liz B said...

Technically, the kid in Cujo didn't. And the little boy in Pet Semetary didn't. And a whole town of kids got wiped out in Salem's Lot. And....

Well, Stephen King is like John Saul, in that the death toll for all is pretty high.

 
At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going tonight; I will report back :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home